Online Shopping!

In conversation with...Oneself!!

The drinking session last night was a much needed break for Noel and Arjun. Their work lives were pretty hectic and the news couldn't have gone without celebration.

Arjun slept the night on Noel's couch. He woke up with a start when his BlackBerry alarm rang. How he dreaded going to work today worse still was to go home change and then move to work.

He picked up his car keys placed on the coffee table right next to an empty wine glass. A thought flashed through his head.

Ananya!
Damn you Ira! Why did you start that name?

He shook his head, rubbed the back of his neck that was sore thanks to the uncomfortable sleeping position and left the place. He didn't wish to wake Noel and Ira from their slumber.

He moved towards the parking lot trying to find his car. He was so ecstatic yesterday that he didn't even care to note where he parked his car. The building watchmen directed him towards his car. He got into his car and drove out of the gates on the wide Bengaluru roads.

He loved Bengaluru for its weather and its roads. He checked the time on his stereo clock 5:15 A.M. He switched on his music system.

Maybe music will help me to switch off my thoughts.

The system jumped to action and played the song that made Arjun smirk.

Damn you stereo! Ananya's favourite track. You won't help me.

He was lost in the music blaring in his car. He felt as if it is transporting him through time. His thoughts rewind back to that monstrous day four years back.

The day I kissed Sunaina. I know I had kissed her back it had felt so good having your love back in your arms. But I loved Ananya then. I remember stopping Sunaina. Saying its just a rebound for her. But I know I stopped myself cause I knew I was hurting Ananya, myself and us. I went banging on her door but she refused to open it. I wanted to right the wrong. It was quite unlike her to sleep without saying a good night

What if she saw you making out with Sunaina?
Smirked his subconscious mind

I wasn't making out! It was just a kiss. She could have come and confronted me. She didn't have to take off! Like that!! It left me crushed not knowing what to do.

What the hell would she say to a guy and his ex-very-serious-girlfriend when they are kissing? What would she tell you? And she sure was right in taking off cause look today you are marrying the then ex-very-serious-girlfriend. She gauged it then what took four years for you to realise.
Scowled his subconscious

Look this turn of events with Sunaina is because of Ananya taking off. That night I was shattered. I didn't know where to go. If it hadn't been for Noel and Ira I would have been loitering on the streets piss drunk and eventually fallen into something. Sunaina and me were two broken souls who found comfort in each other. Yes we had a history which only made it easy. But I loved Ananya! I could have gone after her. I didn't want to be hurt. What if she wanted nothing and career was more important then me? If she didn't bother to think about us then why should I!

Oh so it is tit for tat now! She didn't think, so you didn't think. How convienent! You told Sunaina that Ananya and you were "just friends" why could you not tell her what you felt? Since it was so easy to talk to Sunaina you could have very well told that! She would have never kissed you, Ananya would have never seen it and never left you and you would be marrying her now. Case closed. I win. Thank you very much.

His subconscious now basked in the fame of winning the case with people around applauding and cheering for him.

His conscious moves ahead from the crowd ties the hands and legs of the subconscious and gags his mouth.

There! That should shut up you!

His subscious is furious now trying to mouth some words but can't.
He spits the gag out and shouts

WILL YOU LEAST CALL HER AND TELL HER AND INVITE HER TO THE WEDDING?

I don't have an answer for that.

Arjun sighed. He turned into the parking lot of his building, parked the car  in the allocated spot and switched the car ignition off. He sat there in silence.

The stereo clock blinked due to the change in minute. 5:35 A.M.

Since four years from that dreadful day Arjun had these arguments with himself as he didn't know where to find an answer. He knew one person had all the answers.

Ananya!
There I go again in conversation with myself.

His subconscious sat cross legged on his plush brown couch waiting for his next conversation.

3 comments:

  1. Hi any further post after this taking the story ahead?
    Have been waiting for it..
    Thanks... This series is well written and intriguing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! How you have been doing?? Haven't got any time to write off late. Will definitely try to continue this and write soon! :) Thanks for this comment sure made my day! :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. I am doing good :)
    I am glad this made your day... shall await the next story piece...

    ReplyDelete