Online Shopping!

The Silence

No, Sunaina... No!
Arjun pushed her away

I am sorry! I am...
Sunaina straightened herself.

No, don't be sorry. Sunaina, I understand but trust me I'm not in the same place. Getting over you was the most difficult thing I've ever done! I'm sorry Sunaina I can't do this. I'm sorry!
Arjun said it with composure & he held her by her shoulder.

I'm sorry
Sunaina tried to control every emotion in her. She stood there biting her lip, eyes closed.

Sunaina, this won't help. I know you missing the closeness & loved but sweetheart, this rebound won't help you. Heal yourself first and then get into something. With so many hang-ups & complications, it won't help. Are you with me?

Ya! I'm sorry, Arjun. I just got.. didn't know what I was doing.. I'm sorry

Shh! It's okay. Don't keep saying sorry. Its okay... Chill! It happened it happened! Forget it okay? Chalo time to sleep. You lie down here I've some work will sort & come.. Okay?
She nodded.

Whew! Close call. It's best to leave her alone now. As he walked out he again tried opening Ananya's door. It was locked.

Damn!
He mumbled under his breath.

Ananya had dozed off to sleep sobbing. Arjun slept on the couch. He thought it was for the best. He had to leave early for work. His phone alarm rang at 5 A.M. He woke up, freshened up and entered his room to get a fresh pair of clothes. Sunaina was fast asleep in his room. He tiptoed out. He knocked softly on Ananya's door.

She stirred, her head was throbbing with all the crying. Hearing Arjun's voice she wanted to open the door and run into his arms. But the pain within her reminded about the night before. She didn't open the door. She heard him leave. Tears welled up, she threw her head back into the pillow.

She woke up at 9 A.M. got ready almost mechanically and left for work. She didn't even notice where Sunaina was, she couldn't care less. She felt so different within her. Holding a grudge was so not her. Not caring was not her. She was distracted the whole day. Unluckily, she didn't have anything much to do-more the idleness more the thoughts.

She was staring blankly at her work station, when the table phone came in her line of sight. She picked up the phone.

Think! her alterego yelled. THINK AGAIN!!! She dialled Chief's number. He received on the third ring.

Chief... I'm coming to Mumbai... For the project! Is the spot still open?

Ananya is everything okay?
He sensed the tension in her voice.

The concerned manner almost broke the dam. She fought her tears, controlled her voice and spoke again

Everything is perfect, Chief. I'll leave in a week's time.. Is that okay?

Yes. I'll mail your office about it. See you!

She hung up and sighed. Day passed by slowly. She received an unusual call when she was leaving from office. Why is he calling?she received the call.

Hello

Hye! Neerav here! How you doing?

Ya doing good. Ssup? Long time!

Ya! I know
An awkward silence followed.

Hmmm... I am in Bengaluru. Want to meet up? Coffee maybe?

Ananya had no idea why this happening all together. First Arjun then Sunaina and Neerav. It was like everyone's past needed to be reminded. Crap!

Hmmm... would love to. How long are you here? Today is a little tight ... working on a project got to wrap it up. And tomorrow...

It's not necessary to meet, Ananya! You can say a no.
He replied curtly.

Anyways, am here for a week let me know. You can contact on this number, hope to see ya!

He said a bye and hung up. Ananya wanted to say something more but this wasn't the time she was too confused at this moment to say anything. She was leaving, unusually early, and her colleagues made fun of her. Ananya always worked till late. But today she couldn't sit for another minute. It was after she left the building loneliness trapped her.

She didn't know where to go, what to do. She definitely didn't want to go home and spend time to Sunaina, of all the people. She needed to pour her heart out to someone. Noel isn't in town she suddenly realised. Ira!!! her thoughts spoke. She dialled Ira's number, silently praying she should be free Please, God! Please!!!

Ira received the phone after 15 seconds and mumbled,
Hello!

Thank God, Ira... You sleeping! I'm so so sorry, ya!. I want to meet, NOW! Will come over? Is that okay?
Ananya's voice was trembling and cracking towards the end. Ira was wide awake sensing the trouble in Ananya's voice. She didn't have the heart to say she was unwell.

Ya, sure! Come over!

Ananya had her 'venting out' session & told her next plan of action to Ira, who was sipping her bowl of hot soup.
Just say what you feel & then leave. He deserves to know ya, Ananya

No, Ira. I don't want to complicate things. I don't have the strength to hear anything now. Ira I can't.
Ananya spoke as she sobbed. Ira sighed and gave up.

Ira, I need a promise. You wont discuss this with either Noel or Arjun. Please! I know you haven't hidden anything from Noel. But for my sake, Please!

Fine! I promise. I don't know what good it will do. But fine will keep it to myself. When are you leaving?

Sunday morning.

Hmmm...
Ira was staring at the floor blankly.

Will miss you!
Ananya hugged her

Obviously!
Ira smirked hugging her back.

Will miss you too galpal! I will be stuck with these boys. Huh!

Hahahaha... Will stay in touch! Call, ping, mail!

Ya we'll see.
Ira winked.

Hey I will!

I know sweetie!
She smiled.

Need one more favour. Can I stay back here for the night?
Ananya hesitated.

Ofcourse! More time to spend. Don't know when will I get to gossip with you next?
Ira smiled putting her tongue out.

To: Arjun
Ira's a little unwell. Staying with her for the night. Tomorrow will go to work from here. In the evening meeting Neerav for coffee. Ya! Very excited. He sounded a little... Hmmm... ;). Will see ya tomorrow night. Good night. Love you! :)


She backspaced 'Love you' and hit the send button. A new plan was sprouting in her head. She tried to keep the message as casual as possible.
Nothing close to the calmness in the message is what she felt within her!!!

3 comments: